Sunday 23 August 2015

Pamper evening essentials

There are times when we all feel like heading to a spa, booking a facial and taking some time out from life to give ourselves a really good pamper. I often try and replicate this experience at home with my very own pamper evening/spa night. It's such a lovely way to relax and unwind, and you don't even have to step out of your front door...
Here are the products that I use and the steps that I follow when I feel like I need to de-stress....


 Before I do anything else, I always take my make-up off - and of course I have to use my Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser to give myself an at home facial. Using this honestly makes me feel like I'm in an expensive spa. It smells amazing and the super creamy formula is great for massaging into the skin and making my entire face feel super soft and nourished. If you would like a full review of this product, then I have done one here on this blog.



After my makeup is removed and my face has been cleansed I will often use a face mask to really indulge my skin. I actually only purchased the MUDD mask shown in the picture above today, so I  haven't tried it yet. If any of you have, I'd love to hear your thoughts before I use it!
At this point I usually run a bath and get in to relax whilst the face mask gets to work. After I've removed the mask with a flannel, I like to moisturise with the Garnier Essentials hydrating day cream. This has been a recent discovery for me and it leaves my skin feeling super soft but not greasy. Yay!





























Whilst in the bath there are a couple o products that I like to use if I'm having a pamper evening.
The first is the Garnier "Oil beauty" nourishing scrub. I always like to use a scrub on a pamper evening to ensure that my skin is left feeling smooth and soft. This scrub is also great because it contains "beautifying" oils that nourish the skin.
If I don't have a lush bath product to hand, but still want loads of bubbles, I'll use a bath soak like the "Sleep moments" one from Sainsbury's. Despite being from the local supermarket's own brand, this product smells amazing and the lavender that it contains really helps me to relax and unwind.





If you've read some of my earlier posts then you'll know that I absolutely love my vaseline "spray and go" moisturiser , but when I have a pamper evening I like to use something a little more luxurious.  I often find myself reaching for the body shop body butters, as they are so creamy and ultra moisturing. I slather this all over my legs and upper arms once I'm out of the bath..




 After I've pampered my body, I like to relax with a cup of herbal or fruit tea. One of my recent favourites has been the Heath and Heather wild blackcurrant tea. This is caffeine free so is perfect for the night time - it also tastes amazing which is an obvious bonus!


 And of course, no pamper evening would be complete without a good TV show or movie. Recently I've been loving Desperate housewives and the film "27 dresses". I always gravitate towards chick flicks on pamper evenings. It's just nice to watch something light hearted and fun when you're trying to relax!
I like to finish of the evening with a book - I'm currently reading "To Kill a Mockingbird".


I hope that you enjoyed this post - if you have any questions or opinions on any products mentioned then I'd love to know!

Elle xox

How do you like to pamper yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment