Wednesday 26 August 2015

Dove Express Treatment Conditioner Review





























I went on a mini shopping spree yesterday, and among the things that I purchased was this hair mask/conditioner from Dove's "Hair Therapy" range. I used it last night night and thought that I'd do a little review for you today.
Before buying this, I had heard good things about Dove's hair care range and had always wanted to give something from the selection of products a try. My hair is pretty damaged and can get quite dry at times, so I always have to have some sort of intensive treatment or hair mask in the house for those moments when my hair needs a moisture boost.
The "Intensive Repair Express Treatment Conditioner" sounded like just what I needed. It promises to "work at a cellular level to help rebind damaged proteins" (which sounds very fancy and scientific!) aswell as being a conditioner that "Visibly repairs and seals cuticles to help protect against split ends and breakage".

This product is supposed to be a mixture of a conditioner and a treatment. To use, you simply apply to your hair and leave for one minute before washing out. For an intensive treatment, this works pretty fast. I've owned hair masks that need 10 minutes to get to work.

The treatment isn't too thick and so is easy to distribute throughout wet hair. I applied the majority of this onto the ends of my hair and then used the excess that remained on my hands for nearer the roots to avoid greasiness.
After one minute, I rinsed off and could instantly feel that my hair had been properly nourished. What's more, the smell of the product on my hair was incredible. I can still smell it today, which I really like.  It's not the sort of smell that you can describe. It's just like the lovely scent that you can smell after coming out of the hairdressers.

After my hair was dry, I could definitely feel a difference. My hair felt soft and nourished and was shiny and healthy looking. For a "drugstore" hair product, I was very impressed by the results. I felt like I had been to an expensive salon and had been treated to an expensive hair mask.

I would give this product a 10/10 and would recommend to anyone who feels like their hair is in need of serious nourishment.
This retails at £3.99 but is on offer at Boots for £2.66 at the moment.

I hope that this review was helpful, if you have any other questions or have tried this product then I'd love to hear from you in the comments.
Elle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment