Thursday 13 August 2015

COLAB dry shampoo review

 The popularity of dry shampoos has increased dramatically over the last few years. I especially love the idea that you can solve the issue of greasy hair in an instant - it's such a convenient way to turn a bad hair day into a somewhat good one.
I have tried a few different brands (including Batiste of course!) but I've never found "The One" - I like Batiste and think that it is a great product to keep in the house but I sometimes find that it leaves this weird residue on my scalp that I really don't like.
When I saw the COLAB dry shampoos in Superdrug and noticed that they promised a "residue-free, lightweight finish" I had to give one a try!

There were a variety of fragrances but I chose the "Tokyo" scent, which is lovely. It's feminine but not too sweet and a quick look at COLAB's website gives a more accurate description of the fragrance! - "Oriental accents of orchid and mandarin with an aromatic base of sandalwood.".
What's more, the scent remains in my hair for quite a long time after use, instead of just disappearing straight after it's been sprayed.

When it comes to volume, this product doesn't actually give that much "oomph". For me, that's not a problem because I'm more interested in the way that a dry shampoo refreshes my hair and gets rid of that horrible greasy look and feel that we all hate so much! However, if you're looking for lots of lift and volume then you might not find it in this product.

However, for me, the COLAB dry shampoos are best at refreshing my hair when it is close to needing a wash. A few spritzes gets rid of excess oil without that sticky residue. Oh, and there's none of that white powder that needs to be rubbed in  extremely carefully to avoid looking like you have danduff on the surface of your hair (which is a massive bonus!).

Overall I would give the COLAB dry shampoos an 8/10 - only taking away two points because of the lack of volume that I think it gives which may be a problem to some people. However, for me this product is perfect and I will definitely be repurchasing when this can (which is actually the small 50ml type) runs out.

COLAB is available from Superdrug for £1.99 for 50ml (currently on offer for £1.79) and £3.49 for 200ml ( currently on offer for £2.32).

Have you used COLAB? What are your thoughts?

Elle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment