Sunday 20 September 2015

How to stay fit during the colder months.....





























We've all done it - planned to go for an energising run, but then taken a look out of the window and decided against the idea. It can be really hard to get the motivation to go to the gym or go out for a run when it's freezing cold and pouring with rain. Over the years. I've managed to perfect a routine that works in all weather conditions. Here are my tips for staying fit during the colder months.....

Invest in workout DVD's / find a good exercise channel on youtube

When it's raining outside, going for a jog is never pleasant and getting in the car to go to the gym isn't great either. When it's horrible outside, I'll turn to my favourite exercise channel ever - Blogilates! I started watching Cassey around a year ago and I'm so much more toned and far more physically fit than I was back then.
You can choose from a variety of different workouts - from 5 minute toning sessions to longer full body workouts. I'd highly recommend heading to youtube and checking it out - you can click HERE and be taken straight to her channel.


Find a beautiful location

Going out for a jog on a crisp winter morning can actually be really invigorating - but pounding pavements can be boring. Running in a beautiful park and being close to nature will inspire you to get outdoors and run more often. Research some areas near to where you live and switch up your location and you'll most likely find yourself with more motivation to get moving!


Take up yoga

Sometimes you just want to relax after that wet and cold walk home from school/work. Yoga might be just what you need. Once again, there are many youtube channels which offer free yoga sessions so that you don't even need to leave the house to find your inner peace :) One of my favourites is Yoga with Adrienne. She takes you through all of the steps and encourages you to find what feels most comfortable. There are videos aimed at helping you to get more flexible and ones that will simply relax your body and mind.
In addition to this, there are many books and apps out there for yoga.

Exercise outfits

I've found that the best place to get my workout clothes from is definitely H&M. The clothes are gorgeous yet practical and super affordable. The spots bra/crop top in the above picture was from H&M and is the prettiest and most comfortable one that I've ever owned. I LOVE the straps on the back! You can pretty much get a whole new workout wardrobe in there and it's always my first  port of call for anything workout related. I find that if you have a beautiful workout outfit to hand, you'll be more motivated to exercise.

Thanks for reading!

Elle xox




No comments:

Post a Comment