Sunday 13 September 2015

Superdrug's hot cloth cleanser vs Liz Earle cleanse and polish

 Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser is so iconic in the beauty world that it's hard to imagine that anything could ever come close to it. When I spotted that Superdrug had a similar version in store which was a fraction of the price, I just had to give it a go! Today I will be comparing the two...


 Packaging

Li Earle - You can tell by the look of Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish tube that the product is more expensive than your average cleanser. I always buy the kind with a pump because it's easier to dispense. This product wouldn't look out of place in an expensive spa and I love everything about it.

Vitamin E Superdrug cleanser - Although the packaging isn't terrible, it's clear that this product costs far less than the Liz Earle version. I don't  mind the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, because the actual cream isn't as thick as cleanse and polish.

Smell

Liz Earle - My favourite part of using Liz Earle is breathing in the luxurious smell. It's incredibly calming and I always look forward to it.

Vitamin E Superdrug cleanser - This product also has a really nice smell - it's almost a nutty sort of scent. It doesn't smell as natural as Liz Earle however.

Makeup removal

Liz Earle - This is a really great cream for makeup removal - better than all of the makeup wipes, face washes and ordinary cream cleansers I've ever tried. It even removes Benfit's They're Real mascara and the thickest foundation formulas.

Vitamin E Superdrug cleanser - I was pleasantly surprised by this product and it's ability to remove all of my makeup. It was just as good as Liz Earle which I thought would never be possible for something that only cost £4.99!

How my skin felt afterwards

Liz Earle - My skin always feels amazing after Liz Earle - my skin is smooth and is never greasy. Since I started using it, I've had far fewer breakouts.

Vitamin E Superdrug cleanser - I also liked the way that my skin felt after cleansing with this. My skin was incredibly soft and felt hydrated. I can't say anything for spot fighting, because I haven't used it for long enough.


I was very impressed by Superdrug's hot cloth cleanser. My makeup was removed and my skin felt great. For such a low price, I will definitely be repurchasing again to use when my Liz Earle runs out and I'm too poor to buy some more haha :) But i can also say that I will never stop buying Liz Earle's cleanse and polish because it's such a luxurious product and it leaves my skin clear and smooth.

I hope that this has helped you - I know that lots of people use Liz Earle!
Elle xox

I have an instagram account for my blog! You can follow me : @eleanor.rose.beauty  and also leave your username below so that I can follow your account :)




No comments:

Post a Comment