Sunday 17 January 2016

Four different hair oils and why I love them...





Hair oils and serums are a definite essential in my hair care routine - a good one can transform dry,frizzy hair into soft, shiny locks. I've tried out a variety over the last few years but only a few have really caught my attention. Here's four of my absolute faves....





























Moroccan oil treatment

This product has been highly praised by beauty bloggers and models alike and so I was keen to get my hands on a bottle and test it out for myself - you can imagine my joy when I received a gift set at Christmas including the full sized product, a miniature travel size and a signature scented candle! It lived up to my expectations - my hair was super soft, shiny and, most importantly, very easy to straighten. It may be expensive, but a full sized bottle will last for ages and the results are worth it....

 
 OGX Kukui oil anti-frizz serum

This lightweight oil is perfect for girls with finer hair who would like to add some extra moisture and shine without weighing hair down. Whilst Moroccan oil is a thick oil, this oil is almost like water and even comes in a handy spray bottle. For me, the anti-humidity properties of this product make it a must have - and the price isn't bad either!


Garnier Ultimate blends - the sleek perfector oil

Garnier's ultimate blends range has never failed me - there's a product for every hair type and all of the shampoos, conditioners and oils smell good enough to eat. The sleek perfector oil is no exception! The combination of the coconut and the cocoa butter leave your hair smelling a little like chocolate and the oil instantly fights frizz. It's has quite a thick consistency and so may not be great for fine hair, but for most people, the price and quality of this product make it a haircare essential...







Frizz Ease original 6 effects serum

For me, this is more of a styling product than a nourishing oil. I spotted a John Freida Christmas gift set on sale in sainsbury's which contained the Miracle Recovery shampoo, conditioner and this serum. It is designed for use on wet hair and is great for those who enjoy heat styling. The serum is pretty thick and can cause some serious product build up if too much is used. However, after straightening, my hair was left feeling super soft, looking glossy and as an added bonus, stayed perfectly straight for ages!

As always I hope that you enjoyed this post and I'll speak to you in my next post!
P.s I have realised that on some computers the text on this post is a bit all over the place. Apologies - I am attempting to get it fixed!
Elle xox





 

No comments:

Post a Comment