Tuesday 17 November 2015

Why I'm a micellar water convert//how I use it





























When the micellar water craze burst onto the beauty scene a while back, I could understand the hype - a no rinse cleanser that claimed to remove all traces of makeup and cleanse skin in one go? It sounded like a miracle product! But after buying my first bottle I really couldn't see what the fuss was about. Used alone, it removed my makeup but didn't give the "soothed and cleansed" feel that the product had promised to give,....so I gave up.

A few months ago, I started to break out and even my beloved Liz Earle cleanser wan't clearing my skin up, so I decided to give the micellar water a whirl again, just to see what happened.....

I chose to continue using my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, but remove my makeup with the micellar water beforehand - the results were amazing!
I think that removing my makeup with a separate product allowed the Liz Earle formula to really work into my skin instead of having to battle through the layers of foundation and powder!

The micellar water was the perfect, cheap alternative to double cleansing with my liz earle - it saved me money and made my Cleanse and Polish last much longer. If you're struggling to afford your usual double cleanse, I would definitely recommend this! You can carry on using your much loved high end cleanser and enjoy the benefits, whilst using half as much and needing to re-purchase far less often.

Although the micellar water craze didn't draw me in to begin with, I soon began my own love affair with the product of the moment and now always have to have a bottle lying around!

I hope you enjoyed this super short post and skincare "story"!

Are you a micellar water fan? 

Elle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment