If, like me you're attempting the whole last-minute Christmas shopping thing (by the way, how is it only a week until Christmas?!), then this gift guide may come in handy. Here are some of the gifts that I like to give at this time of year - one for every budget and recipient.
If you're on a budget and can't afford to go on a splurge with the gift-giving this year, then there are still plenty of options.
- For younger friends and relatives, a sweet treat is often warmly received. A well put together pic and mix box, full of packets of their favourite sweets and bars of their favourite chocolate can be both thoughtful and budget friendly. Many card shops sell beautiful boxes that you can use for this.
- Giving an experience can be even better than giving a physical gift. Promising a friend a spa day, a movie night or planning a fun day at the park with your younger siblings shows that you care but can cost next to nothing,
- For under £10, you can construct your own spa package which would be appropriate for both friends and female relatives. Magazines, Nail polishes, beautifully scented body washes, scrubs and bath bombs can all be bought for low prices - especially in shops like boots and Superdrug where there are often amazing discounts on such items.
- I recently put together a calendar for my friend, with photos of us and places we had been from my phone, This service is available at Boots and costs £14.99.
- A magazine subscription is the perfect gift for someone who seems to have everything. Many well-known magazines are available for 6-12 months subscriptions for under £15. If you look around, you can find some really great deals.
I hope that these gift ideas inspired you for your last minute shopping trip - I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I'll speak to you in my next blog post...