Saturday 2 January 2016

Mac fix+ review


Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas! In todays post, I am going to be reviewing a beauty product that I received this year as a Christmas present from my mum and dad - Mac's Fix+ setting spray/face mist. I had heard such good things about this all in one facemist, primer and setting spray so I just had to put it on my Christmas wishlist.

 Mac describes the multitasker as "A lightweight, mineral rich finishing mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup" that "Helps create an even surface for a smooth makeup application". Since most primers, both drugstore and highend, wreak havoc on my skin, a finishing mist enriched with skin-loving ingredients seemed like the better option.

The mist has a subtle cucumber scent, but it's not at all overwhelming and fades away after a few minutes. I like to use it to wet my beauty blender before foundation application, and I can definitely see a difference in the way that my makeup looks. It makes for smoother application and an airbrushed finish. My foundation also lasted longer and looked flawless all day long.

Another way which I like to use this is as a skin refresher before makeup application. It adds a shot of moisture to my skin and calms down any redness. What's more, I've never had any problems with break outs after using this which is an obvious bonus!

I had also heard that it could be used with eyeshadow, so I tried spritzing a little onto my brush before applying some of the shades from my Naked palette. It intensified the colours and made the eyshadow last much longer than usual.

Overall, I would give this product a 9/10 as it is quite expensive. Other than that, I would definitely recommend, especially to anyone who is having trouble with conventional gel/cream primers,

Elle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment